Michael Snowboy, who lives in a village in Nunavik, in the Nord-du-Québec region, won $ 1 million in Extra in the draw on 16 July. He bought a ticket Lotto Max with Extra in Gatineau, during a week of training to become a firefighter. The Casino du Lac-Leamy organized a small celebration at which the new millionaire officially received its share.
• Lottery: Extra
• Lot won: $ 1,000,000
• Draw Date: July 16, 2016
• Place of residence of the winner: Nord-du-Québec
• Retail Sales Petro-Canada (210, Boulevard Saint-Raymond, Gatineau )
• the retailer will receive a prize of $ 10,000, equivalent to 1% of the gain.
• Redemption Center: Casino du Lac-Leamy
• Volunteer Firefighter in her village in Nunavik, the winner following a few years of training in Gatineau. Known for his generosity, he wants to give back to his community by teaching firefighting and tasks surrounding this work.
• Do not believe her luck when she was told that it was becoming a millionaire, Michael has Snowboy no reaction. To make sure he was not wrong, he showed his ticket to his trainer and longtime friend, Jim Hancock, who confirmed the happy news and helped him claim his prize before his return the Nord-du-Québec.
• MM. Snowboy and Hancock arrived late for training, where 14 students were waiting. The trainer came only in the local saying, "Sorry for the delay, there is something happening with our friend Michael."The class thought for a moment to bad news. On learning that he was a millionaire, all burst out laughing after a moment of silence, then congratulated the winner as he made ??his entrance.
• The winner did not take a vacation during the last 20 years. He intends to live in a few weeks to experience the big city to his wife.