The annual report of Loto-Québec was filed this morning in the National Assembly by the Minister of Finance, Carlos Leitão. The Company presents results on the rise for all of its sectors. During the year, marked by strong growth in products Lottery, Loto-Québec saw its total revenue rise 6.7%, while its net income rose 10%.
• Revenues totaled 3,560 billion (+ 6.7%).
• Net income was $ 1.227 billion (+ 10%).
• The profit margin increased by 1 1 percentage point to 34.5%.
Management for efficiency
• The Company realized efficiency gains totaling $ 95.5 million, which is beyond the target.
• Expenses totaled 963.7 million dollars, representing a increase of only 0.9% compared to the previous year, despite inflation and wage increases.
"If good results are partly due to favorable circumstances, they are also explained by the renewal strategy that we have implemented over the last two years as well as the effective management by all our sectors" says Simon Patenaude, President and CEO of Loto-Québec acting.
Significant economic and social contributions
• The dividend submitted to the Government of Quebec reached 1,202 billion.
• The sums awarded to winners in the lottery, bingo and Kinzo amounted to 960.8 million dollars.
• Purchases from companies doing business in Quebec totaled 262.2 million dollars.
• the amounts allocated to the fight against excessive gambling totaled $ 27.1 million.
An exceptional year for lotteries
• The lotteries recorded sales of 1,798 billion (+10%).
The increase is explained largely by the good performance of Lotto Max, whose sales increased by $ 142.4 million.Chance was exceptionally favorable in regard to the number of jackpots offered. For example, there were 540 Maxmillions (lots of $ 1 million) this year against 39 in the previous year. Loto-Québec has also delivered a record number of lots of $ 1 million and over, 96.
A resurgence in popularity in casinos
• Revenue from casinos totaled 806.2 million dollars, an increase of 3.8%.
The emphasis on entertainment, the major themes of particular organization, has borne fruit, as indicated by the increase in traffic of 5.9%.
Online gambling has always document
• The gaming site online Loto-Québec, Espacejeux.com, recorded revenues of $ 66.2 million (35.2%).
All types of products offered (casino games, lotteries, etc.) are growing, and the growth is particularly strong in terms of mobile game. Espacejeux.com of market shares in relation to all illegal online gambling sites, however, are about 25%. It therefore remains important to pursue efforts to channel more supply in a circuit integrates and controlled, whose effects benefit to Quebecers. The illegal sites filtering measures recently adopted in the National Assembly just go in this direction.
Gaming establishments that continue to appeal
• The gaming sector establishments, including VLTs in bars and pubs, two gaming halls, bingo halls and Kinzo, recorded revenues of 980.3 million dollars , growth of 2.9% compared to 2014-2015.
Revenues from video lottery terminals in the network of bars and brasseries are rising for the first time since the adoption of the anti-smoking law in 2006 with the introduction of new games and network optimization. In addition, the popularity of the Québec City gaming hall has not denied during the year, as well as the enthusiasm generated by the progressive jackpots to Breakopen in rooms that offer network bingo.